If you are 50 or over, you can now phone and book your free electric blanket test, Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards Service have announced this week.
Warwickshire Trading Standards will provide electric blanket tests free of charge, for Warwickshire residents aged 50 or over, between Monday 5th October and Friday 9th October 2015.
Testing is by appointment only and only available to Warwickshire residents age 50 or over. There are limited appointments which are allocated on a first come first served basis. A two blanket per person maximum has been set.
- Rugby Library, Monday 5th October 2015
- Kenilworth Library, Tuesday 6th October 2015
- Leamington Spa Library, Wednesday 7th October 2015
- Nuneaton ASDA (Community Room) Thursday 8th October 2015
- Stratford Briar Croft, Friday 9th October 2015
- North Warwickshire residents, please ask about our collection service
To book an appointment, call the Trading Standards Service on: 01926 414016 (Monday to Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to take advantage of the testing programme you can check your own blankets by looking for the following warning signs:
- the fabric is worn or frayed
- there are scorch marks anywhere
- the tie tapes are damaged or missing
- the flex is worn or damaged
- any connections are loose
Remember older blankets in regular use are much more likely to have one or more of the above faults.
For a complete guide to checking your electric blanket, visit our website:www.warwickshire.gov.uk/electricblanket