NHW SA - Theft From Motor Vehicle Crime Prevention Advice
Police are urging car owners to ensure that when they leave their vehicles they are locked and secured.
Ways to protect the property in your vehicle include:
* Removing everything from the car such as Sat Navs, mobile phones, don't even leave a jacket where it can be seen.
* Park in a well lit area if possible and ensure windows are closed when you leave.
* Not storing things in the boot; take them with you.
* Storing car ownership information in your home, not your car.
* Having a routine to ensure you always take the keys out of the ignition.
* Taking removable stereos and sat nav equipment with you.
* In addition, using secure (theft resistant) number plates can make your plates less attractive to thieves.
* LOCK THE VEHICLE when leaving it unattended.
Theft resistant number plate screws are available free of charge from Stratford Police Station.
'No Tools or Valuables Left in This Vehicle' stickers are also available free of charge from Stratford Police Station.
Warwickshire Police Community Problem Solving Co-ordinator