Tuesday, 11 September 2018

@WAR - Unauthorised encampments (travellers)

Unauthorised encampments

When travelling families and vehicles occupy private or local authority land they commit an act of civil trespass. This is not a criminal offence and the police do not have the authority to remove the trespass based on this action alone.
Camper Van
If there are any associated criminal offences, these are investigated accordingly but may not result in the whole encampment being evicted.
What should you do if any unauthorised encampment occurs near to you?
  • Contact the local authority to report an unauthorised encampment or to get current information on an existing encampment.
  • Any incidents that occur that can be linked to the encampment should be reported to the police. You can do this by calling 101.
  • Avoid getting into confrontational situations with the trespassers.

No comments:

Post a comment