02/10/2017 Bogus Police phone call warning
Fraudsters are pretending to be Police Officers in order to steal bank account information, Warwickshire Trading Standards understands. Members of the public have reported several incidents where they have received phone calls from people claiming to be Police Officers investigating a crime involving their bank cards. The callers then ask for bank card details, including long numbers, sort codes, the security number on the back and PINs. The information is then used to scam them out of thousands of pounds.
No Police Force will ever ask you for bank details in this way.
NEVER divulge any bank/card information to people who phone you. If you believe the caller is genuine, ask to phone back on a publicly listed telephone number.
- Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
- Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
- Sign up to scam alerts at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
- Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
- Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert