Monday, 20 August 2018

@WAR - Reporting Incidents 999/101

Reporting Incidents

Please do not report crime or other incidents via Twitter or other forms of Social Media ? Please call 101 or 999 in an emergency. Additional information is often required by officers in order for the police to act upon any information given.

Please view the advice below on which number you should ring.

999 is for reporting emergency situations only; below is a helpful mnemonic to remember when to use it.

P - Phone 999 only if
O - Offenders are nearby
L - Life is at risk
I - Injury is caused or threatened
C - Crime or disorder is in progress
E - Emergency situations

What is 101?

101 is now the number to call when you want to get through to your local police when it is less urgent than 999. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls to 101 from land lines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long you are on the phone.

When should I use 101?

Published by PCSO 6715 HYDER 

No comments:

Post a comment