Take A Few Simple Steps To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Burglary
- Set a timer switch to turn your lights on when it gets dark – unlit houses are a give away that no one is at home.
- Lock your doors, patios and downstairs windows - even when you are in. Make sure you double check them again before you go to bed.
- If you have a burglar alarm, make sure you set it when you got out and also when you go to bed.
- Don’t leave car keys, ID cards or valuables near windows, doors or letterboxes, where burglars can reach through to steal them.
- Lock your garden gates and side entrances. Don’t leave tools lying around in the garden which could be used to break in to your home.
If you have information about a burglary phone the police on 101